Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Dress

Last night I finished this new dress for my nine year old daughter who loves to wear dresses. Late last year I made her one from the same fabric with a different trim. She liked it so much we ordered more of the same "quilting" fabric when on sale so I could make her another dress and maybe one for littlest sister too.




It usually takes me a few days, working as time allows, to complete a project like this, however the satisfaction lasts for months or years as I gain pleasure seeing the finished item being worn frequently.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually think a lot of quilting fabrics are prettier than dress fabrics and wear better too!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I would have to agree with you Deanne. There are so many beautiful quilting fabrics! I buy most of mine online from the US at great prices too.

Emily said...

This is such a beautiful dress! God willing someday I can sew for my future children.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Thank you Emily. I hope you may too.

Liz said...

What a beautiful dress!!! My girls wore lots of pretty smocked dresses and also dresses made from quilting fabrics. I miss those days when they were little, choosing fabrics and having dresses made by their Nanna and Auntie.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I can tell she likes your sewing, twirling is a gals favorite past time. The dress is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...